Go Mustangs!


Sean's love of baseball grows with each game. He was so excited to finally get out and play ball after two weeks (Fall Break and then rain-outs). He had one hit and one run. There wasn't much action out in right field - especially since the other team struggled with hits. The final score was 14 to 4. I believe his team is the only undefeated team in the league right now. I find this amazing and it helps me with my stress as a baseball mom.
What I am the happiest about, though, is Sean's attitude and behavior during games. His team doesn't realize or even seem to care about "the win". I commend his coaches for this. They rotate positions and batting order to ensure the kids get a variety and an equal chance to play. They, like the kids, are out there for fun and not the win - just what I like. The umpire tonight was great as well. When the kids made a good play (the shortstop threw to first and he caught it and got the other player out) he was quick to recognize them for a job well done. The umpire did! Those kids felt so proud :o)
When everyone around them loves the game and loves teaching others the game of ball, how can the Mustangs NOT do well and enjoy it!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts